Institutional Investors (LPs)
LPs often contend with limited resources and tight budgets, which limit their ability to make the best choices in complex investment decisions. CEPRES delivers meaningful analytics to help LPs make better investment decisions with more efficiency. CEPRES uses proven scientific methods and gives LPs an audit trail of evidence to present to their investment committee and underwrite their decisions with confidence.
Your possibilities with CEPRES self-service platforms.
- Analyze your portfolio versus market ßeta to prove your strategy.
- Screen new investments quickly without wasting time with data entry.
Rely on CEPRES data verification processes in collaboration with the GPs.
Find risk, return, operations and liquidity evidence to underwrite your decision.
With PE.Analyzer you see detailed market risks & returns of 72,000 funds & directs ($26 trillion value) so you can select the best strategies.
Your portfolio analytics are instant on PE.Analyzer – saving countless days of Excel work:
- Performance attribution
- Risk and default analysis
- Liquidity and J-curve analysis
- Portfolio company operation analysis
As a CEPRES member you get online screening and due diligence analytics fast and free. Just ask the GP and our team do the dirty work… saving you from tedious data entry tasks and freeing your time for the investment analysis and decisions.
Give your Board cash projections for your portfolio based on proven forecast models. Our models are back-tested with an 87% R2 correlation – the best in the industry. PE.Forecast delivers projections for every fund and your whole portfolio – adjust commitments and strategies and see how it impacts your future cash.
With PE.Forecast you load your current portfolio, forward calendar (re-ups, etc.) and future allocation plans. PE.Forecast tells you the year-by-year Net Asset Value (NAV) you can expect to achieve. You get the commitment plan needed for your target NAV for next 25 years.
Are you worried about your investments if interest rates rise, or markets go down? With PE.Forecast you test your portfolio against macro factors like interest rates, F/X, terms of trade, etc. You get an impact on cash and NAV and a full analysis for your risk team with with VaR, LGD, Moments, etc. You can take defensive steps to protect your return targets and mitigate for the next economic crisis.
With this unprecedented analysis at your fingertips, you can find the answers that help you determine what investment strategy makes most sense for your particular ALM needs, e.g.
- Do local managers outperform foreign managers in emerging market economies and is this the same for buyout vs growth vs venture?
- Does having a Board Seat impact on the losses for venture investments?
- Are consumer sectors better vs industrials in periods of macro-economic uncertainty?
- When might I expect to break-even on alternative energy infrastructure brownfield investments and does this vary by region or country?
PE.Analyzer makes your job much easier and quicker, so you can focus on the real value-add that your judgement brings:
- Easy, automated loading of GP track records and delivered to you with no work effort
- Self-defined screening criteria based on strategy, sector, ticket size, country and 80+ other criteria
- Compare each GP versus a true peer group and your own portfolio success to quickly see whether they are additive and worth due diligence
- 360 view including returns, losses, volatility and cash pace so there are no surprises or hidden issues
- Full deal-by-deal analysis and cash flows support thorough due diligence and verification of repeatability
With one-click export to excel and formatted charts and data, PE.Analyzer also is a great portfolio reporting tool and data feed for your internal risk models.
- Easily report whole portfolio or for specific sector, strategy, region, fund or deal, etc.
- See IRR, cash multiple, inter-quartile range, variance, loss rates, cash pace and many other key metrics
- Automatic look-through attribution by sector, strategy, region, size and year for return and loss metric
- Analysis down to individual fund and investment level with direct comparison to peer investments in wider market
Where others provide only fund level IRR based indices that don’t reflect the underlying asset performance, the CepreX provides the most meaningful way to compare private markets vs public market performance:
- Based on modified Case-Schiller method as proven in real-estate market
- Asset level index that truly reflects the comparative mark
- Not contaminated with mixed market investments or fund level cash events
- Real, smoothed annualized index, rather than asynchronous yearly IRR calculation
Register for free
FAQ for LPs: How to get started
PE.Analyzer is a self-service cloud-based platform that does not require any software installation. PE.Forecast is a separate standalone software system that could be installed on a client’s computer, but due to its high levels of sophistication and customisation possibilities, clients always prefer to engage with CEPRES on a project-basis for PE.Forecast.
To get started, please register by going to https://www.pe-analyzer.org/Registration/Registration.aspx. Upon successful registration and confirmation, you can get immediately started with a free trial of PE.Analyzer. A Sales Representative will also contact you to arrange for an introduction and a free online demonstration on the features and capabilities of PE.Analyzer.
To successfully register, you need to be part of a recognised institutional organization with a valid email address from that organization. It is not possible to register using a private email address. If you cannot register because your organization is not on the Whitelist, please contact us at email@example.com
CEPRES members are highly encouraged to provide their existing portfolio data to setup their own private data room, which will allow them to perform the same sophisticated analysis on their own investments and benchmark against the market, thereby providing maximum value from their membership.
There are a few different ways in which you can upload your data into a private data room. First, you can request that your existing GPs provide the data using the CEPRES Data Request Pack data template sheets which are available for download from within PE.Analyzer. The CEPRES Data Team will work closely with the GP to prepare the data so that there is no effort required on your part. Second, you can copy and paste your data from other existing data files that you have on hand into the Data Request Pack. Third, you can send to the CEPRES Data Team any existing data file that you have on hand as long as it is in Excel format and we will process and upload into your private data room.
Depending on the size, completeness and quality (accuracy) of the data set, processing and uploading of a data set can take anywhere from 3-4 working days to a few weeks if our Data Team needs to liaise with the GP to resolve issues. For subsequent quarterly updates, the processing is usually faster.
To access a GP’s track record, simply use the Request Track Record feature in PE.Analyzer. If the GP already has a private data room ready in PE.Analyzer, they can choose to grant you access to it. If they don’t already have a private data room, then CEPRES will work together with the GP to prepare it. Once the private data room is ready, the GP can extend an access invitation to you and any other LPs that it chooses.
Yes, we do. Simply register online to get started with a free trial. https://www.pe-analyzer.org/Registration/Registration.aspx
PE.Analyzer is a due diligence and risk/return analytics platform. It allows LPs to perform track record analysis and asset level benchmarking on GP portfolios and also LPs’ portfolio of private equity investments. To maintain robustness of the market data set and avoid selection bias, CEPRES maintains strict privacy and confidentiality of all users, members and their data, which inherently prevents the system from being a directory listing.
For any assistance, you can always reach out to CEPRES using the chat feature in PE.Analyzer or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org